Saturday, May 19, 2012

The Pish Posh Challenge

PishPosh

I feel like I have made some major improvements in all areas of my life. But I, like others don't view this as a 10-12 week change. I want it to be for the rest of my life. I will continue to eat healthy and exercise 5-6 days a week. I will continue to get stronger not only physically, but emotionally. I will continue to do everything I can to get out of debt. I want to get my life organized and less chaotic. I am currently spending a lot of time outdoors weeding and building planting boxes and getting ready to put in my garden next week. I can't wait. I absolutely love this time of year. From now until the fall. I will be outside everyday working until I can't take the pain anymore. Then I will have fresh produce to eat everyday. My husband helped me expand the garden area last weekend so that I can plant a bunch more. I always have a lot during the season, but not a lot of extra. I want to be able to can, freeze and dehydrate as much as possible. I am still reeling from the job evaluation I got 4 weeks ago, but I am getting over it and trying to move on. During those first few days, i had zero motivation. I didn't give a crap about anything. I just laid around and didn't do a damn thing. I was eating all wrong, I wasn't working out, I just didn't give a shit. But I had to stop feeling sorry for myself before i undid everything I had worked so hard for. Plus I realized I was giving her power and I needed to take it back. I go in for an interview and tour of the facility next week. I found out today that it's a maximum security prison for teens. That gives me pause. I thought it was just a juvenile detention center. They say I shouldn't ever be in any danger, but it still seems scary. I have lost 15 pounds all together and 3 sizes. I know that with me working in the yard more and working out, I will continue to lose and get in even better shape. As the garden produces I will eat fresh organic veggies almost exclusively. My goal is,to continue to grow and change and become the person I was meant to be. I'm going to be 55 this year and I want the rest of my life to be happy, relaxed, sweet, meaningful, productive and worthwhile. I have met some awesome people as a part of this challenge and think of them as friends, very close friends. I am so happy I began this challenge. You are all blessings in my life.

2 comments:

  1. Sounds like an awesome plan.... and even though you had some downer days, you have done well. I hope to be able to carry this challenge forward and meet my goals. I am so proud that you have hung in there and your're getting stronger. I know it will all work out. The job prospect sounds scary, for sure. I pray you can get out of your current position and find a better job. You have a lot to offer. I'm not much of a gardner. but I'm impressed with those who do. You can't beat fresh produce right out your back door, right?
    I'm going to be 47 in a few days and I, like you, don't want the rest of my life to be spent miserable. I want some peace. I'm tired. Just not sure how to get it.
    We can do this!!!! Thanks for your friendship.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so happy to hear that you are gardening! When the outer world seems so hellbent on pettiness and meanness, there is something so restorative about being in the sunshine, planting a garden, growing things, eating them, feeding family and friends, that's what life is all about!

    Congrats on the 15lbs!! WOW!! Most of all I am so PROUD of you for not letting this angry, mean, miserable, pathetic person have power over you. Look where you are now!

    Well trust your instincts. If you feel you would be scared or uncomfortable with this position, and coming to work every day, maybe don't take it. Maybe find an environment that is less stressful, more positive? You know what's best. I just think we are both searching for peace.

    ReplyDelete