Friday, May 25, 2012

The Pish Posh Challenge

PishPosh

This week's post is to summarize what I have or haven't accomplished during these past 12 weeks.

I can say I lost weight, not as much as I wanted at this point, but more then if I hadn't done a thing. So I am proud of that. I got derailed a few weeks back by an evil person at my job, and that led to some depression, comfort eating, a lot of sleeping and some slacking off on the fitness routine. But I am going to use this 3 day weekend to get back into the habit of working out plus put in my beloved
garden!


I was able to forgive someone for a trauma that happened a very long time ago when I was a little girl and am working on the new version of our relationship, and it actually is going well.



I have gotten more organized in my home life, cleaned, organized and redecorated my sewing, inspiration room. Started on my closets, which are a mess. But I will get those done over the summer, as well as the garage. That damn garage gets a redo every summer. Then over winter something happens and by summer it's a mess and needs another going through.



I have stayed in better touch with my family. I have been up to see my kids more often in the past 4 months then I have in a year and the year's not over. I am also making a huge effort to stay in contact with my brothers even if it's just a text or few lines in an email.

I have learned that I am a lot stronger then I ever gave myself credit for. The crap that I have had to endure these past 5 weeks has been very difficult and yet I'm still here. I decided to take matters into my own hands a week ago and ask for a transfer to a maximum security all male prison for men under 21.


Today I stepped way out of my comfort zone and took a leap of faith.

I went in for a tour of the facility, met the staff, the principal, the guards and the inmates. These guys have raped, murdered, robbed, beaten and done horrible things to children. But I was okay. I didn't freak, I wasn't scared, nothing. The principal also did a couple of tests. He slammed a door a couple of times or dropped a heavy object onto the floor to make a loud sound and I didn't jump of flinch.

I got the job! It's less pay, a longer commute, I work more days, but I don't care. I felt like doing cartwheels in the parking lot. I was so happy! I feel a huge weight lifted off me. I am filled with joy and excitement. It's the first time in weeks I have felt this happy and relaxed...and it's because I'm going to work at a prison? My son said "Those are words I never thought I'd hear my mom say".

 
So my goals are easy, I am going to keep moving forward, keep growing and learning and changing. I will continue to eat well and exercise and have me time. I am working on simplfying my life. I will have a garden that I will tend to and eat from and can, dry or freeze the extra to have for the winter.

My son is getting married this summer and I will enjoy every single second relaxed and soaking up the joy of the moments. I'm making her dress and mine and the edding color is purple.



As for a friend that I promise to be there for...well this one is impossible. I have to say I feel closer to all of you, then I do to most people I work with on a daily basis. I have spilled my life and you have yours and we have been there for each other in a way I have never experienced before. But if I have to pick one to be an angel for I'd have to say Robin.



And of course Pish. You two have been amazing, incredible and the most loving, kind, people I have ever had the joy and blessing to have in my life. You are both amazing women. I think if the 3 of us were to get together in a room and brainstorm, the world wouldn't know what hit them.

But most of all, I have learned that you don't have to be in the same room with people to have friendship and love. I feel so blessed that I came upon this challenge at the time that I did. I don't think it was a coincidence. I feel I was led here by some higher power. Otherwise how do you explain the similarities that we are all going through right now, that in helping others we are helping ourselves. It was destiny and I plan on continuing to stay in touch with all of you challenge or not. You are a part of my life now. Thank you for being my friends.



6 comments:

  1. Good for you! So glad about the new job. So many promising things going on here. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This might be my favorite post ever written in the history of mankind :)

    I'm so happy and excited for you, for your spirit, for your summer, for your change, and I'm doing cartwheels for you over here too.

    Sometimes we all need to take a leap of faith. Because even if it doesn't work out, we are one step closer to living the life we should live.

    A happy one.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats on the job offer. Looking forward to reading about this next chapter in your life.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations and this was a beautiful post. So happy that things are working out for you the way you want - and that you're so very happy! The Pish Posh Challenge has been great - and I feel like you've really followed it in the spirit that Pish Posh meant it to be in. I'm hoping she'll start another challenge soon! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks so much for the kind words. I am blessed to call you a friend. And that is great about the job. I hope it works out and that you will be happy there. I hated to see you leave a.job you love but also understand that the stress can get to be too much. It can take the enjoyment out of anything! You sound so happy and that is what its all about! Keep it up girl!.....I will be keeping in touch!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Well, that's one hell of a way to take the reins. Nice work!

    ReplyDelete